London Protest March Against Austerity Measures


On Saturday afternoon I went along to Oxford Circus to watch an estimated 50,000 people, from all walks of life, march down Regent Street to Parliament Square to protest against the UK government's austerity measures. 

I decided to take some shots of the people marching and their banners displayed a number of different messages and grievances, some I agreed with and some I didn't.  As a former newspaper photographer I wanted to see if I could capture some of the feeling of the march and the emotions that were being displayed using the Fujifilm X-T1 and either the 18mm f2 or 35mm f1.4 prime lenses.

I shot the images in RAW and also in JPEG using a mono film simulation with a high contrast red filter.  This gave me the best of both worlds because the RAW files retain the colour information in case I decide I need these image in colour at a later date.  However for this blog the images were left as mono in the final edit to give them a more reportage feeling.

HERE is a link to the Guardian newspaper website report on the march and here are some of the images I took on Saturday.













Images taken on an Fujifilm X-T1 and Fujinon XF18mm f2R or Fujinon XF35mm f1.4R
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY CLICKING THE GOOGLE ADVERTS
It doesn't cost you anything to click on an advert but we get a small fee for every click thru from Google and this helps support this blog - thank you for helping
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4