A tribute to my Nan

Today is a sad day for my family as we lay my 97-year-old Nan to rest.  

While I trace my MacLean heritage back to my Dad's father, Samuel Carter - who hailed from Greenock and whose Grandparents came from Islay and Jura - my love of Scotland comes from my Mother's side of my family when my Nan and Grandad took me on a camping trip to the Highlands when I was 8 year's old.  We travelled for two weeks, visiting Fort William, Pitlochry and Calendar and I still have many happy memories of that holiday 42 years later.  

My Nan was a major influence on my life, she was always there for me and I thank her for all the chances she gave to me.  She may be gone but I won't be sad because she has left me with lots of very happy memories.  

Today's picture is a tribute to my Nan.  Taken in 2012, looking back from Mull towards the Lismore Lighthouse in the Sound of Mull, Ben Nevis and the snow covered Scottish mountains in the background.  She always loved dramatic Scottish landscapes and this image has lots of drama.


Joy Mavis Bratchell
28th April 1917 - 7th June 2014

Always Loved - Never Forgotten


Comments

  1. Nice homage...
    A thought for your Nan will be forever in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she'd be proud of that tribute. Well said.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4