Trusting Your Instincts

Over the past few days I have been working on a car feature for the FIA World Endurance Championship website and have been photographing an Audi R8 V8 quattro in and around Dunbar (more on that in the next few days).  



On Wednesday morning I got up early to take the car to White Sands, Barns Ness and Dunbar Harbour to take some shots of the car in these beautiful locations but when I looked out of the window there was thick fog and I could hardly see the house across the road.  I nearly got back into bed but something at the back of my mind said 'get out there, it will be fine'.  

So I got into the car and headed down to White Sands in the still 'pea souper' conditions.  However as I headed down the single track road to the beach I could see blue sky starting to appear above the beach.  

I  parked the car and started to take some detail shots of the car and some moody 'in the mist' images (see main shot) but it wasn't what I wanted.   I wanted sweeping beaches in the background.  However my instincts were right because 20 minutes after arriving the fog started to lift and the sun came out.  

As the fog lifted it provided some really nice light so I took a picture of Barns Ness Lighthouse and the boats in Dunbar Harbour.



Images taken on a Fujifilm X-T1 (images 1 & 3) and X-Pro1 (image 2) using a Fujinon 14mm XF14mm f2.8R or a Fujinon XF55-200mm f3.5/4.8R LM OIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY CLICKING THE GOOGLE ADVERTS
It doesn't cost you anything to click on an advert but we get a small fee for every click thru from Google and this helps support this blog - thank you for helping
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4