Reflections


Today is my 50th birthday, a milestone that I didn't really want to celebrate because when you say 50 years or, even worse, a half century, it made me feel old.  

BUT 50 is just a number and the title of this blog is not about the reflection of the sun in the sand on the beach at Belhaven Bay but a reflection on the positives in the 50 years of my life so far.  I have done and seen a lot up til now and I intend to do a lot more.  

I was given the best start in life by my Mum and Dad, who I don't say 'thank you' often enough to but I appreciate and love them very much.  Also to my grandparents who were a big part of my life, especially my Nan, who is still with us and, along with my grandfather, introduced me to Scotland when I was 8 and I fell in love with the country that I am lucky enough to call home. 

I married Julie, my best friend and soul mate, 28 years ago and we were joined 16 years ago by our beautiful daughter Kate.  I have a younger sister, who I don't speak to often enough, but I know she is always there for me, and I'm there for her, and a nephew who I love to bits. 

I have a great job that allows me to travel the world and meet lots of interesting people.  We have some great friends scattered around the globe and we live in the most beautiful part of the world, a five minute walk from the beach at the top of this page.   

I have been to some amazing places and I have tried to document my travels through words and pictures on this blog.  I look forward to revisiting some of these places later this year and going to some new ones, both in the UK and further afield.

These days we are encouraged to constantly look to the horizon, better ourselves, never to be satisfied with our looks or achievements and seek to clutter our lives with material things. BUT I don't think this is the right way and, as I reach 50, I think that this outlook on life is not for me. 

I certainly count my blessings, I am proud of what I, and my family, have achieved and I appreciate what I have.  My cup is definitely half full rather than half empty!  

I think the saying 'you are as old as you feel' is quite correct and with all the things I have to be thankful for I certainly don't feel my age.  

Here's to being 50, it is just a number!   I certainly don't feel any different to how I did yesterday when I was 49.

So it's best foot forward as I look forward to enjoying life being 50+.....


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY CLICKING THE GOOGLE ADVERTS
It doesn't cost you anything to click on an advert but we get a small fee for every click thru from Google and this helps support this blog - thank you for helping
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'


Comments

  1. Only made your acquaintance recently at Nismo Launch, and beyond all the above I can say you're open, welcoming and sound as a pound ! Have a great Test & superb Birthday weekend. Best Nick H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick and it was good to meet you in London

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4