The Perfect Cure for Jet lag!

My first day back in Scotland after ten days in Japan was spent fighting to stay awake with the jet lag. So I decided the best remedy was to grab the camera bag and head out to Ravensheugh Sands for some late evening photography in the bracing conditions.

The day had actually been very miserable and I suspected the rainy conditions that we had in Japan for race day had followed me half way round the world.  But as 4pm approached the rain stopped and the clouds parted to give some sunshine for the final couple of hours of the day.

Taking the Fuji X-Pro1 and the Fujinon 60mm f2.4 and 14mm f2.8 lenses I was able to capture the following images of the scene at Ravensheugh, there was no one else about. It certainly kept me awake for a few more hours.

Fuji X-Pro1 + Fujinon 60mm f2.4 - 1.7s @ f20 ISO200

Fuji X-Pro1 + Fujinon 14mm f2.8 - 25s @ f20 ISO200

Fuji X-Pro1 + Fujinon 14mm f2.8 - 1.2s @ f20 ISO200
Another Milestone Reached
This blog post is the 300th I have produced since the 1st January 2013 and I am on course to reach my goal of 365 posts this year.  

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to visit and read my daily updates and please continue to visit the MacLean Photographic blog to see if I can get to the 31 December with an average of one post per day in 2013.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY CLICKING THE GOOGLE ADVERTS

It doesn't cost you anything to click on an advert but we get a small fee for every click thru from Google and this helps support this blog - thank you for helping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION



If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

  1. Hi. Very good advice indeed! One question though: I can't help but ask myself whether you use ND grad filters in your landscape shots? I'm surprised how you manage such a good output in such high contrast scenes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I do indeed use ND grads for my landscapes. These shots were taken using a Lee 0.6 (2 stop) soft ND grad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but you never know with the amazing dynamic these days. Did you adopt the smaller factor Seven5 Lee system, or are you still using the bulky 100x100 kit? I'm on the verge to switch myself.

      Delete
    2. Still using the larger 100 kit. I have looked at the Seven5 system but I have invested a good sum of money in the 100 system which I use with my Nikon's as well so can't justify spending more on a second filter outfit at the moment. Maybe in the future.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jeff!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter