Tall Trees

Anyone who is a regular visitor here will know I have a thing about photographing trees.  I love the shapes and textures that change with the seasons.  

Yesterday I was capturing some landscape images of the snow in the Vale of Belvoir before it all melted and I found myself in the woods on the hill above Woolsthorpe by Belvoir.  The low sun was creating some fantastic light amongst the trees so I stopped to get some shots.



The tall trees heading towards the sky caught my eye so I had to try and capturing this as an image.  Using the Nikon D700 and a 17-35 wide angle zoom on the 17mm end of the range I was able to get the shot I was looking for with the sun coming through the trees.

I then set about capturing the textures that were highlighted by the strong almost horizontal sunlight, using the Nikon with an 80-200 f2.8 telephoto lens and my Fuji X100 with the 19mm wide angle lens, before heading back to the car to move locations to capture some more snowy images up by Belvoir Castle, which inevitably included a few trees.

Nikon D700 + Nikon 80-200mm f2.8

Nikon D700 + Nikon 80-200mm f2.8

Fuji X100 - 19mm f2

Fuji X100 - 19mm f2

Fuji X100 - 19mm f2

Fuji X100 - 19mm f2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLICKR AND ON OUR WEBSITE



  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4