More Pictures in the Snow

When it snows in the UK as a photographer you have to make the most of it. You never know how long it will last and pristine snow will soon disappear once the dog walkers and sledgers get out and about.  So yesterday evening I decided to head out to the village of Bitchfield hoping to spot the wild barn owl that is often seen flying about the road between Grantham and Corby Glen.


On arrival I waited to see if the owl would make an appearance but when the light started to drop I decided to switch lenses and head off to do some landscapes in the snowy conditions.  There is a wonderful solitary tree with a hedge on the top of a ridge and the snow leading up to the hedge had not been disturbed except for some animal tracks.

Nikon D700 and Sigma 50-500 f4/f6.3

Just as I set the camera on the tripod with the 17-35mm f2.8 wide angle lens and filters fitted the barn owl decided to make an appearance as it flew overhead and down towards the road.  Cursing the fact that I didn't have the correct lens or settings on the camera I turned back to capturing the landscape as the light continued to drop as night approached.


The following set of images were captured on my Nikon D700 and 17-35 wide angle combination.  I also captured some shots on my Fuji X100, one showing the live view on the D700 as I captured the image of the tree and the hedge.


Nikon D700 Live View showing the image captured - taken on the Fuji X100
More snow is predicted today and I am hoping to get out to the Vale of Belvoir to capture some snowy landscapes for my 'Vale through the Seasons' portfolio.


Images taken on a Nikon D700 with 17-35 and 50-500 lenses and a Fuji X100

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLICKR AND ON OUR WEBSITE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4