Horse Fly and Flag Iris

After 10 days working at Le Mans, including 40 hours on race day with just 2 hours sleep, I decided to give myself an afternoon off and head to the Vale of Belvoir with the camera for some relaxation.  While photographing the Grantham Canal near Redmile I saw some yellow Flag Iris growing on the bank of the canal and set up the camera with a wide angle lens to take the scene.  


While waiting for the sun to come out from behind the clouds I saw this Horse Fly sitting inside the flower so I took my D300s fitted with a Nikon 60mm micro lens and took three shots before it flew off.  In this shot the fly appears to be drinking from a bubble of water.



ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION.


MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON  FLICKR AND ON OUR WEBSITE  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4