Arty Le Mans

I've just arrived back from Le Mans.  It was a great event, if a little tiring, but congratulations to the nr1 Audi R18 of Benoit Treluyer, Marcel Fassler and Andre Lotterer on their second consecutive victory.  Also congratulations to the other class winners, Starworks Motorsport (LMP2), AF Corse (LMGTE Pro) and Labre Competition (LMGTE Am).

I'm off for a long sleep  to try and catch up on what I missed over the weekend (I'm not as young as I used to be) but I thought I would post a couple of my favourite 'arty' shots from the event.

Hitting the Apex
The first is a shot I saw while working trackside and instead of focusing on the car as it approached the corner I focused on the kerb, which is where the drivers look.  I then had to wait until a car positioned itself in the frame perfectly, as the nr99 Aston Martin Racing Vantage V8 did in this shot.

Corvette Flash
The second shot is a very slow shutter speed shot taken at the Dunlop curve using the Nikon Speedlight (SB600) on rear curtain sync so the flash fires at the end of the exposure instead of the start.


Car Chase
The third shot is of the Corvette and Porsche battling for track position with once again the focus on the apex of the corner rather than a straight shot of the cars.

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION.

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLICKR AND ON OUR WEBSITE



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4