REVIEW: Peak Design Leash - More than a Shoulder Strap


Camera straps are one of those items that every photographer has but it isn't something to get excited about, it is there to serve a purpose and that's it.  Well I have been using the Peak Design Leash system on my Fujifilm X cameras and I have to say I am VERY impressed by the flexibility of the design and the variety of uses it can be put to.  The Peak Design Leash is not just a shoulder strap, it is a safety cord as well, as used in a couple of recent photoshoots. 



The shots above were taken during the shooting of the harbour timelapse video.  To get a lower angle I set the camera on the tripod near to the water.  I left the camera on the steps shooting 200 images at one every five seconds.  To make sure the camera didn't end up in the harbour I attached the Peak Design Leash to the camera and then wrapped the other end around the railing.


The anchor system that Peak Design use allow the straps to be removed and reattached very easily. They are also VERY strong. There are six included in each pack and are easily replaced should they become worn.  Being able to remove the strap easily is a big plus when the camera is attached to the tripod in windy conditions.


Another use for the leash was as a safety strap when I use the Manfrotto suction clamp for the recent Porsche 911 photoshoot.  It meant that if the worst happened and the clamp detached from the car, the camera wouldn't end up on the road.

The Peak Design strap can also be used as a brace for shooting video (I haven't tried this yet) as well.  I tend to use it over my shoulder and across my body, which is better for security and I find it more comfortable than hanging it off one shoulder.

All in all the Peak Design Leash is a very useful addition to my camera bag and I now have two for my X-T1 and X-Pro1, plus a wrist strap, called Cuff for my X100 (which is also interchangable with the anchor points on the other Fuji cameras I own). 

CLICK HERE to visit the Peak Design website

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter