56mm f1.2 One Lens Challenge: Dunbar Harbour


A one lens challenge is a good way to get the creative juices flowing and this is something I have done many times myself.  Last week I received the new Fujinon 56mm f1.2 lens, which is a very fast, short telephoto (85mm equivalent) prime lens and a lens I have already have used at the recent FIA World Endurance Championship race in Texas.  Yesterday lunchtime I went for a walk around Dunbar Harbour, which gave me plenty of photographic opportunities to test out the 56mm on the Fuji X-T1.

The biggest issue is the fact that with a lowest setting of ISO200 to capture RAW files and a fastest shutter speed of 1/4000s, it isn't possible to shoot this lens wide open in bright sunshine and I had to resort to f2 or f2.8.  When the sun went behind the clouds, or I was shooting in the shade, I was able to set f1.2 or f1.4, but most of these shots were taken between f2 and f5.6 depending on the subject.  

The firmware upgrade coming in December will give the X-T1 a maximum shutter speed of 1/32000s, which will allow wider apertures to be used but I will also put a 3 stop 62mm screw in ND filter on my shopping list, like the 52mm Hoya ProND filter I have for the 18mm and 35mm Fujinons.

Anyway here are the images I took around the harbour using just the 56mm f1.2.  This lens is very versatile and while it makes a perfect portrait lens, it is also great for landscapes and subjects like the ones captured here.




























-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4