Spare Parts


As a professional photographer I place some extra demands on the equipment I use.  While I try to take the best care I can with the cameras and accessories i own, the amount of use the gear receives inevitably leads to some wear and tear and, sometimes, to breakages.

The one part of my equipment that does get a lot of abuse is my tripod.  My current tripod is the Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 that I bought last summer (CLICK HERE to see blog).  The Manfrotto has been all over the world with me and while i regularly check it over and service the catches and levers to keep it in top condition, parts do wear out or, in the case, get lost.  

In January I was photographing in the deep snow in Glen Coe and two of the rubber feet became detached from the end of the legs and were lost in the snow.  I have only just got around to finding replacements and the process was very quick and painless using Manfrotto's own parts service here in the UK.

I went to the Manfrotto website and to the page on the MT190XPRO4.  Part of the information on the page is a link to the spare parts PDF catalogue, which includes the part number for the rubber feet.  Armed with this part number I followed the link to Manfrotto's spares website.

A set of three feet with allen key came to the grand total of £7.99 + VAT.  I placed the order yesterday morning selecting standard postage at £3.99, rather than express delivery.  I was very happy to receive a package this morning with the three replacement feet for my Manfrotto tripod.

Fitting took just 5 minutes and my MT190XPRO4 is now back to 100% serviceability.  

You only find out how good a company is when you have to complain about something, make a claim under warranty, make a repair or order spares.  I have been using Manfrotto products for many years because the build quality and usability of their products is perfect for my needs.  This is the first time I have had to order spare parts from Manfrotto and my faith in the company has been boosted by my experience.  








-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4