Picture of the Week: The Lonely Rock


I discovered a new beach here in East Lothian yesterday evening as I went for a walk near Billsdean Creek (that's the name on the OS map) to try and find the natural arch that a fellow photographer had posted on Facebook.  

With the High Tide approaching I decided to abandon the walk around the headland to the arch as I didn't want to be the cause of a Dunbar Lifeboat callout, so I settled for taking some images in around the shoreline as the sun set behind Torness Point. 

I have several images to process from this short foray along the East Lothian coast but this picture of a large rock sat at the edge of the shoreline caught my eye.  The golden light from the setting sun to the left and the reflection in the water makes this, for me, a standout picture when viewed in Lightroom.

The shot was taken on a Fujifilm X-T1 and a XF18mm f2 lens.  The camera was handheld so I could get the low angle close to the water and is gives the rock, which was about 3 feet / 1 metre high, an almost monolithic quality.

I will have to revisit this part of East Lothian soon, hopefully timing it so the tide allows me to discover the natural archway. 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4