A Photographic Target of Opportunity



When I am walking about I usually have a camera in my pocket / backpack or slung across my shoulder just in case I see something interesting to photograph.  I served in the Royal Air Force for 14 years and we used to have a phrase for when an aircraft would spot a target that wasn't on the mission briefing.  They were called a 'Target of Opportunity' and this phrase is perfect for this style of photography.

A perfect 'Target of Opportunity' presented itself when I was in Edinburgh on Sunday evening.  Walking back from the Scottish Parliament I decided to take a longer route back to the Commonwealth Pool where I was meeting my daughter and I spotted this old police box covered in posters and writing for the 7th May General Election.  

These police boxes have been decommissioned around the city and some have been turned in cafes or newspaper stands, or have just become a focal point for graffiti or fly posters.  

This one appears to have been used as a glorified political poster and it caught my eye as I was walking down the road. Using the X-T1 with the Fujinon 18mm f2 I took some images of the structure from various angles before moving on.  







All images taken on a Fujifilm X-T1 + Fujinon XF18mm f2R

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter