REVIEW: The Pulling Power of the Different Fujinon Lenses


Preparing the recent blogs on the Fujinon 90mm f2 and the 50-140mm f2.8 got me thinking about the other lenses in my camera bag and the different focal lengths I have available to me.  When people ask me what lenses I use I reply with 'oh I used a 10-24mm at 10mm on that shot' or 'that one was taken with the 56mm' but what does the different focal lengths do to the final image and how far away can I stand with each lens.

Well I decided that I need to show the pulling power of each of the seven Fujinon lenses I have in the camera bag.  The focal length range I currently have available is 10mm to 200mm, equivalent to 15mm to 305mm in full frame terms, which are covered by the following lenses I have in my bag.

So what do you mean by Full Frame?
Everything is relative to the size of old 35mm film, the sensors in 'full frame' cameras are roughly the same size as that standard.  In full frame terms 50mm gives roughly the same field of view as the human eye and this has become known as the 'standard' lens.  Anything with a bigger focal length (51mm +) is telephoto, anything smaller is wide angle.  

Now camera manufacturers use a sensor of different sizes which  affects the field of view for a given lens. Fujifilm cameras use an APS-C size sensor and this has a crop factor of just over 1.5x.  So a standard lens on a Fujifilm X-Series camera is 35mm (53mm) and, 18mm wide angle is 27mm, 56mm telephoto is 85mm and so on.

The Demo
I took my X-T1 and the camera bag down to Cromwell Harbour in Dunbar and walked along the sea wall to shoot across East Beach towards Dunbar Parish Church.  Setting the camera on the tripod I took one picture on each of the prime lenses.  For the zoom lenses I took one picture at the short end and one at the long end of the zoom range.

Here are the results and you can see the difference in the various focal lengths on each lens 





As you can see the focal length range in my current Fujinon lens line up is quite extensive.  Fujifilm are working on a super telephoto lens in the range of 100-400mm (to be confirmed) and they are also producing a 1.4x converter, which will prove useful with the 50-140mm f2.8. However my current range line covers most eventualities when I am out working or taking pictures for pleasure.

All images taken on a Fujifilm X-T1 


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4