Beautiful Day for Full Frame Photography

It's been a beautiful spring like day here in the South East of Scotland, too good to be sat at the computer, so I decided to 'down tools' and go for a walk along the coastal path near Cockburnspath to take some pictures of the remains of St Helen's Church above the cliffs - I will post shots from here in the next couple of days. 

Walking along the coastal path I stopped to take in this scene looking back towards Torness Point.  I decided to get the Nikon D800 and take a long exposure (4 minutes) to get some movement in the clouds and the sea.



Regular visitors to my blog may have noticed that I have been favouring my pair of Fuji cameras over the bigger and more cumbersome Nikon D800.  This is because the images quality and the size of the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and X100 are superb and ideal when out walking.  However today I decided to load up my Lowepro backpack and take the D800 along as well and I'm certainly glad I did.  

The 36mp full frame sensor on the Nikon is the only reason I still have this camera and associated lenses but images such as this one and the ones I took at Belhaven Bay on Sunday morning are a good reminder of the advantages a full frame DSLR offers over the very capable Compact System Cameras such as my Fuji X-Pro1.

I have been weighing up selling the Nikon gear and moving to Fuji completely by getting another X-Pro1 or the new X-T1 but when I see the results from the D800 I have to say I am not likely to sell up anytime soon.

More on the trip out to Cockburnspath on Saturday's blog.

NOTE:  This is the 600th post since we started this blog in February 2011, with nearly 188,000 views in the past three years and over 170,000 since November 2012. Currently we are averaging 11,000 visitors each month.  

Thank you to all our readers and we hope you will continue to visit.

Nikon D800 - Nikon 17-35mm f2.8 - 240s @ f16 iso50 - Lee 10x ND 'Big Stopper' - Tripod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY CLICKING THE GOOGLE ADVERTS
It doesn't cost you anything to click on an advert but we get a small fee for every click thru from Google and this helps support this blog - thank you for helping
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4