REVIEW: X-T1 Advance Modes - Toy Camera


Continuing my look at the ADV modes on the Fujifilm X-T1 I switched to the 'Toy Camera' setting. The following images were taken down by the Tyne Estuary in East Lothian before I left for my trip to Japan.  

The TOY setting creates shaded borders as if you were taking a photo on a toy camera.  As with all ADV modes, the TOY images are only captured in JPEG and the following four pictures were straight out of the camera. 





Once again I find myself questioning the commercial use for this setting and, to be honest, I drew a blank.  Even as a fun setting this isn't something I see myself using in the future because the images are flat and lifeless and certainly not in keeping with the MacLean Photographic style.

While I can see a fun use for the 'Miniature' and 'Partial Colour' settings, the 'Toy' setting is unlikely to get any further use while I own the X-T1.  Sorry Fujifilm, but this is the first 'thumbs down' review for the X-T1.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'



Comments

  1. Yes, I often wonder why such a sophisticated and advanced camera like the XT-1 has such blatantly amateurish features like the “ advanced modes” ( what’s advanced about them?) altogether.

    On the other hand many post production programs work with pre-sets of some sort and they offer a quick result that you could achieve by using a good post production program but would require you to know many more things than just using one pre set feature.

    A bit like a musical synthesizer with limited capability limited only to a few pre sets, maybe a toy but not a serious instrument.

    So, yes, fun, but I cannot see any serious photographer using this (or any other pre set) if not occasionallly.

    A waste of software programming really.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4