The Fujifilm X100T - not just any old camera!

Reigning FIA World Endurance Champion Mark Webber being interviewed during the event in Texas
In November 2014 I had the opportunity to test the Fujifilm X100T alongside my original X100 Black Limited Edition (CLICK HERE to see the blog).  At the time I thought the X100T was a big step up from the X100 and that I might be persuaded to upgrade from the camera that started my X Series journey.

However I never did.  Not because the X100T wasn't the leap forward that I eluded to in my test, it was just that funds needed to be spent on my X-T1s and XF lenses for my work and I couldn't justify the expense when the X100 was still a great camera to use (it still is!).

Anyway, nearly two years later I have finally got an X100T and it is still superb.  The small body, the build quality, the 16mp X-Trans sensor and that sublime Fujinon 23mm f2 lens all go together to make the photographic experience a joy.  

Yes, compared to my X-Pro2 and X-T2 the AF is a lot slower and the newer cameras have the new 24mp sensors compared to the older 16mp X-Trans in the X100T, but that is not the be all and end all as far as I am concerned.  Taking photographs is more than just spec sheets and stats, it is about how you feel when you pick up a camera and that translates into how you approach your subject.  I liken it to when you drive a car.  You don't concentrate on changing gear or accelerating or decelerating, it should be automatic for the experienced driver and this is the same with a camera. The operation should be automatic so you can concentrate on interacting with your subject and composing the image.  And this is the X100 / X100T for me - the operation of the camera is second nature.

I took the X100T out for the autograph session at the World Endurance Championship event in Texas earlier this month and also took it on the pitwalk and the grid at last weekend's European Le Mans Series event at Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium.  

Another thing I had forgotten was the silent leaf shutter which allowed me to take pictures in quiet locations, like during the TV interview with Mark Webber.  And its ability to sync with the Nissin i40 flash gun at any shutter speed - I must remember to pack that when I travel to Japan in 10 days time.

I think the results speak for themselves and even though the X100T is now two years old, it is still a great image making machine.  What about my original X100?  Well that is still going to be kept and used, it is a camera that will never be sold.


Mexico LMP2 race winner Filipe Albuquerque signing autographs in Texas

Baxi DC Racing Alpine driver David Cheng signing autographs
They start young in the European Le Mans Series
Current LMGTE Points leaders - JMW Motorsport - Rory Butcher, Rob Smith and Andrea Bertolini
On the grid in Belgium

All images taken on the Fujifilm X100T


 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

In June 2015 Jeff Carter was named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador and you can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4