Testing The Weather Resistance of the X-T1



Some Fujifilm products come with a WR label which stands for 'Weather Resistant'.  The X-T1 and the 16-55mm f2.8 and 50-140mm f2.8 lenses all come with this WR label but I always try to protect my camera gear from the weather as much as possible.

However yesterday morning during Free Practice for the final European Le Mans Series race of the 2015 season the weather provided a good test to the WR claim.  I still had the cameras covered when I was walking but when shooting the camera and lens were exposed to the heavy rain and high winds.

The conditions were certainly a challenge for the photographer as well and I think the cameras performed better than I did in the heavy rain and wind.  At least I know that the WR label on Fujifilm products actually means what it says.  I will still try to protect my gear as much as possible but if I do get caught out in bad weather in future at least I will have the confidence to know that the cameras will continue to function. 









-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

Jeff Carter was recently named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador and you can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter