Testing the Fujifilm X-T10 and XF16mm f1.4 at the Red Bull Ring


For the past few days I have been putting the Fujifilm X-T10 through its paces at the Red Bull Ring in Austria and on Thursday I had the opportunity to use the new camera fitted with the superb XF16mm f1.4R WR to capture some images of the 10 metre high Red Bull statue that sits on the hill overlooking the circuit.

I had one slight problem in that I forgot that the Lightroom 5.7 that I have on my PC laptop doesn't recognise the RAF files from the X-T10 (my iMac back at the office has LR6.0 and this does read the RAF files from the X-T10).  

This presented me with a small issue, but as I always shoot RAW + JPEG I used the JPEG images and stored the RAW files for when I return to the UK on Monday.

The good news is the JPEG output from the X-T10 is superb and I was able to produce these three mono images in Silver EFEX Pro2 direct from the colour JPEGs.

The 16mm f1.4 continues to impress with the field of view and the quality of the images recorded by the X-T10 using this lens are excellent.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

Jeff Carter is was recently named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador and you can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4