What's Your Desktop Image?


Computer desktops are very personal things and everyone treats their's differently.  I suppose being a photographer makes it easier to personalise my two desktops but my dilemma is always which image do I choose.  I tend to change my desktop image once every couple of months and it is usually when I  been somewhere interesting and want something to brighten my day when I'm chained to the desk.

The iMac desktop was chosen because I am on a countdown to spring and the beach isn't far away.  In fact the arrow point out of my office window is pointing the right way to Belhaven Bay just 500 metres up the road from when we live in Dunbar.  The sign is at John Muir Country Park at Belhaven Bay and is pointing the way to the beach from the car park.  Last week I had this image printed on an aluminium plate for the wall in our newly decorated guest room and is also pointing the correct way to Belhaven Bay.

The PC desktop is one of the images from the recent trip to Glen Coe, with the sunset behind the snowy mountains while I was stood in the burn up to my ankles in icy water.  This was one of the last shots of the day and is one of my favourites from the shoot, even though I had photographers queueing up behind me to get the same shot.

Both these images will probably stay for another month and then I will change them for something fresher.  

So what image do you have on your desktop?

'To The Beach' was taken on the Fujifilm X100 and 'Snowy Sunset in Glen Coe' was taken on the Fujifilm X-T1 and the Fujinon 10-24mm f4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'
  

Comments

  1. Mine has a beach theme as well! https://flic.kr/p/jzZUA8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Shot Daniel, I also used the same technique in Lake Como last year. It makes for interesting images :) Thank you for reading the blog post and commenting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4