Sunny Days Make for Good Mono Images



While out in the hills above Dunbar on Saturday I took some shots that I knew would look good in black and white even though the X-T1 was set to colour.  I actually see the shots in mono tones when I press the shutter release and this is because I used to shoot with black and white film and in those days you couldn't switch the viewfinder to 'mono mode' like you can on modern day digital cameras.

The bright, sunny conditions were perfect for the type of high contrast mono images I love to produce in post production using NIK Silver Efex Pro 2.  However to get a result on the computer you need a good image to start with. 


The farmland on the rolling hills above the village of Spott gave me plenty to point my camera and lens at and I came back with several shots that I was happy with, including this collection of five shots of the farmhouse at Spott West Mains.




The images were all taken on the Fujifilm X-T1 using either the Fujinon XF18mm f2 (images 1, 3 & 4) or the Fujinon XF55-200mm f3.5/4.8 (images 2 and 5).


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'
  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4