Three Fuji Primes for Landscapes


Yesterday I spoke about using telephoto lenses and how they can be used for landscapes.  This got me thinking about zooms and prime lenses and how I do tend to reach for a prime lens over a zoom for most of my work.  There is nothing wrong with the Fujinon zooms, they are as good in the quality stakes as the prime lenses I own, but the primes are by their nature smaller and have a faster aperture.



The three primes I tend to use are the Fujinon 35mm f1.4 (top image), Fujinon 18mm f2 (second image above) and the Fujinon 56mm f1.2 (third image below).  All three images were taken from the same position at Skateraw Harbour showing Torness Power Station lit up last night.

All of the images were shot at 30 second at f11 on the Fujifilm X-T1, which was attached to the Manfrotto 190 tripod.  



To demonstrate that zoom lenses are as good as primes here is a shot taken on the Fujinon 10-24mm f4 at 10mm.  The other lens is the Fujinon 55-200mm which I used for all the landscape shots on yesterday's blog.


Any lens can be used for landscapes and I use the lens that is appropriate for the subject I am shooting and the composition I want for the final image.  A zoom gives me more flexibility from a fixed point while a prime makes me think more about the composition.  I can still zoom with a prime lens, I just have to pick up the tripod and walk closer to or further away from the subject.

The one thing I know is the Fujinon lenses I have in my camera bag are all up to the job and there is no compromise in quality.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4