An Evening in Montmartre


On Wednesday I travelled to Paris for meetings ahead of the resumption of the FIA World Endurance Championship next month.  I normally stay near to the office just off Avenue Kleber, situated between the Arc de Triomphe and the Trocadero but for this trip I found a very good deal on a hotel near to Montmartre and, with one eye on the 2014 expenses budget and saving a bit of money, I decided to book in for the night. 


I had visited the area in July 2012 but I hadn't taken any images of the Sacre Cour at night and so the opportunity was very welcome.  Luckily the weather was also favourable and the rain that was a feature of my last visit to Paris was not evident when I headed to the hotel on the Metro to check in after I had finished for the day at the office.


The room I was given was on the 8th floor and when I went to the window I looked out over Montmartre and the Sacre Cour (see image above).  I had travelled to Paris with just the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and with the 14mm f2.8, 18mm f2 and 60mm f2.4 lenses + the Manfrotto travel tripod.


After unpacking I set off up the hill towards the Sacre Cour to get some images of the area.  Montmartre is a big draw for visitors to Paris and there were plenty of tourists in and around the cathedral, which commands an impressive view across Paris. 

After taking some shots from the top of the hill I headed back down to the restaurants at the bottom to find somewhere to eat, which gave me the opportunity to get some night images of the area.  The final shots were taken from the balcony on the top of the hotel of the Sacre Cour lit up.













Images taken on a Fujifilm X-Pro1 + a Fujinon XF14mm f2.8R, XF18mm f2 and XF60mm f2.4R macro

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4