REVIEW: Nikon D800 Video

The FIA World Endurance Championship race in Sao Paulo has given me another opportunity to use the 1080P HD video function on the Nikon D800.  The facility is great for my role as the Media Delegate for the FIA WEC and I am able to film interviews with the drivers and then stream them on the official website at www.fiawec.com via the Daily Motion FIA WEC page.
 
 
 
The quality of the results are amazing, especially when using the Nikon 50mm f1.4 AF-D lens, which is one of the best lenses for video, or the 17-35mm f2.8 AF-S.
 
Using the Manfrotto tripod and the ME-1 external microphone the MOV file is downloaded into Microsoft Movie Maker where I edit the file, putting a logo and captions onto the final movie.  I have recently purchased Sony Vegas Pro 12 video editing software but I haven't yet mastered the workflow yet.  Once I have I am sure this much more sophisticated editing suite will enable me to produce more professional video clips but for not the Microsoft software is good enough.
 
Once I have finished editing I then save it for a high definition 1080P screen before uploading the final file to the Daily Motion site. 
 
The Nikon D800 is a highly capable video camera and I'm sure that I am not using it to its full ability yet.  But I do enjoy using it for videos and I think the results speak for themselves.
 
The following video was taken to stream the pre event press conference at the 6 Hours of Sao Paulo today and the video featues interview with five South American drivers including Bruno Senna and Luca di Grassi.  I used the 17-35mm f2.8 lens to shoot this video. The second video is an interview with Brazilian driver Fernando Rees and I used the 50mm lens here.



Pre Event Press Conference for the 6 Hours of... par fiawec



Interview with Fernando Rees (BRA) par fiawec

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY CLICKING THE GOOGLE ADVERTS
It doesn't cost you anything to click on an advert but we get a small fee for every click thru from Google and this helps support this blog - thank you for helping
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter