Picture of the Week: Vanishing Point


Lead in lines are very important in photography and it draws the viewers attention into the image. I get to visit a lot of race circuits in my current role as the FIA Media Delegate for the World Endurance Championship and when I get to visit one for the first time I go for a walk to familiarise myself with the track.  It makes it easier when talking to drivers and gives me a better understanding of what I'm seeing on the TV monitors during the race.

When I do go for my walks and I always take my camera so I can take record shots of each corner and also the photographers positions around the circuit.  

This particular shot was taken at Brno in the Czech Republic just before the FIA GT1 World Championship race in 2010.  The corner is T11 and leads back up the hill towards the start / finish line.  Taken from the apex of the corner, this is the view the driver sees as they exit the corner for the long climb up the hill.  I decided to make this image a black and white but 'colour pop' the red kerb stones to give it a bit more interest as the track disappears into the distance.

Image taken on a Nikon D90 + Sigma 10-20 - 1/500 @f11 - ISO200

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLICKR AND ON OUR WEBSITE


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4