Fujifilm GFX: Slowing Down in the Highlands

Fujifilm GFX50S + GF32-64mm f4 - 0.5s @ f22 ISO200
Last Friday I headed north into the Highlands of Scotland to put the Fujifilm GFX50S through it's paces as a landscape camera.  This medium format beast does not disappoint and I spent an enjoyable day in four locations from dawn until late afternoon before heading back to Dunbar.

First stop was Rannoch Moor, a favourite haunt of many landscape photographers.  I arrived before dawn and with the misty clouds hugging the mountains and not a breath of wind to ruffle the still waters of the small lochs, I set the camera on the tripod and waited.  

The biggest issue I had was the fact the camera was only delivered with one battery and it is only good for around 250 shots, so I had to limit the time the camera was switched on to ensure I had enough power throughout the day. 

It certainly reminded me of when I used to shoot with my Bronica ETRSi.  The issue back then was not battery power but, with only 15 shots per roll of 120 film, the amount of film I had available.  

The lack of a spare battery made me slow down and choose my shots carefully.  It got me thinking that perhaps I ought to only take one battery more often.


Fujifilm GFX50S
Fujifilm GFX50S + GF32-64mm f4 - 1.3s @ f11 ISO200
Fujifilm GFX50S + GF32-64mm f4 - 1/640s @ f11 ISO200

Fujifilm GFX50S + GF32-64mm f4 - 0.3s @ f16 ISO200
Fujifilm GFX50S + GF32-64mm f4 - 0.6s @ f16 ISO200

CLICK HERE for more information on the Fujifilm GFX system

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES (UNLESS INDICATED) ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability


Jeff Carter is an Official Fujifilm X Photographer and was named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador in June 2015. In 2016 he worked with the company on the launches of the Fujifilm X-Pro2 in Tokyo and the Fujifilm X-T2 in Paris in July 2016.  You can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4