Ten Favourite Shots of 2015: No1 Gannets Circling Bass Rock


This was one of the last shots I took on my X-Pro1 before it went for a swimming lesson in the harbour on the Isle of May.  

The boat taking us out to the island from North Berwick circled around Bass Rock and the gannets were overhead as the sun broke through the clouds.  I captured this image looking straight up from the boat with part of Bass Rock in the frame.

The shot was taken on the X-Pro1 and the Fujinon XF18mm f2 lens and makes it into my 2015 Top 10 because of the dramatic lighting highlighting the spectacle of thousands of seabirds circling overhead.

After this shot was taken the boat took us out to the Isle of May.  The camera fell out of my jacket pocket as I got off the boat into six foot of sea water.  The harbour master fished the camera out for me but the camera and lens were both dead.  I managed to recover the images and videos from the card.  The camera and lens were replaced by my insurance company.

This image is my favourite shot of the thousands of images I have taken in 2015 because of the dramatic light and also the spectacle of the Gannets of Bass Rock.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability


In June 2015 Jeff Carter was named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador and you can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4