Happy New Year



As 2015 draws to a close I have had time to think back on what has been an eventful 365 days.  

This year I have travelled near and far thanks mainly to my work for the FIA World Endurance Championship and the European Le Mans Series.  2015 has seen several trips to France as well as to Belgium, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal, USA, Japan, China and Bahrain.  

I got to tick a few items off my bucket list in 2015.  I took a day out after the race in Texas last September to travel down to San Antonio to visit The Alamo.  I also took a day to see some of the old parts of Shanghai with a trip out to Zhujiajiao and the Seven Treasure water towns.  I also finally got to visit the Grand Mosque in Manama during my trip to Bahrain.

Paris remains my favourite international city on the planet, with several trips to the French capital in 2015, including a family holiday in the summer.  The terrible events in November with the terrorist attacks claiming so many lives have only made me more determined to visit and photograph the 'City of Light' as much as possible in 2016.

Edinburgh is in top spot as my city of choice.  The Scottish capital is just 25 miles away or a short 20-minute train ride, and this year we have taken the opportunity to take in all four seasons and soak up the atmosphere during the Edinburgh Festival.

As well as my role as the Media Delegate for the WEC and ELMS, I have been expanding my photographic work.  

The big news of 2015 was my appointment as a Fujifilm X-Photographer in the summer and the subsequent work on helping to develop new Firmware for the X-T1 and also feedback on the 1.4x converter, 90mm and 50-140mm lenses.  

I am currently working on a couple more projects for the Japanese manufacturer and there will be more news on this in the coming weeks.  I have also recently been included in the 100 X-Photographer exhibition which will be unveiled in Tokyo on the 15 January.

I also launched the MacLean Photographic Workshop and Tours and the 2016 dates will be announced on 8 January.  As well as workshops in East Lothian we will be expanding to include other areas of Scotland and Northern England.

The MacLean Photographic blog continues to go from strength to strength.  In 2015 we received a total of 385,750 views, which is a monthly average of 32146 or 1056 per day.  It also represents an annual increase of over 80000 on 2014, up 26% year on year.  To put it into perspective the MacLean Photographic blog receives more visitors on average in 2 days than it did in the whole of the first year in 2011.  

In total the blog has received over 858,000 views and is on target to reach the 1 million views milestone in the spring of 2016. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this blog.


I’d like to wish all our readers and supporters a very happy 2016 and hopefully I will get to meet some of you in person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4