Comment: Professional Support from Fujifilm


As a Fujifilm X-Photographer I use the X-Series cameras and lenses exclusively for my photographic work and as such I demand a lot from the equipment I use.  I expect the cameras and lenses to perform faultlessly when I use them but inevitably things do go wrong and technical issues can occur. This is when a professional support service is vital and I am happy to report that this is what I receive from Fujifilm.

The Fujinon XF10-24mm f4 is one of my most used lenses as it covers a field of view that is perfect for landscapes but is also very useful for motorsport and travel.  

On Thursday I travelled along the East Lothian coast to record the final chapter in the demolition of the Cockenzie Power Station.  I reached into my bag to take some wide angle shots of the beach where I was shooting from and the LCD on the X-T1 flashed 'Lens Control Error'.  I did all the usual things - took the lens off and put it back on again, cleaned the terminals and even tried it on my second X-T1 body, but the fault was the same.  It was not usable.

After several expletives that cannot be repeated here I changed the lens for the 16-55mm f2.8 to take the shot, but I was annoyed that the 10-24mm had failed.  

On returning to the office I contacted the Fujifilm Service Centre in Bedford and they said to send it back as soon as possible and they would look at it straight away.  However with Christmas approaching I wasn't hopeful of seeing the lens this side of the holiday.

But I need not have worried!  

At 4pm I went to the Post Office in Dunbar and sent the lens Royal Mail Next Day Delivery.  I received a message on Friday morning that the lens had been received and a couple hours later I received another message to say the lens had been repaired.  This morning at 7:45am there was a knock on the door by the postie asking me to sign for the package containing my repaired 10-24mm f4.  This means I have the lens available for two trips here in Scotland I have planned before Christmas.

As a working professional photographer you have to accept that things do break and you have to have a back up plan in place so that you can still do the job you are being paid for.  That is why all professional photographers have several camera bodies and lenses that overlap or even double up.  It is the nature of the job. 

However it is extremely gratifying to know that at Fujifilm UK HQ in Bedford there is a team of service personnel led by Mark Prentice who will do their best to help a Fujifilm photographer in need.  

This is one of the many reasons I am proud to be a Fujifilm brand ambassador and my thanks go to the Fujifilm team for the service they have provided me and many other Fujifilm X-Series users, both professional and amateur photographers.

Thank you Fujifilm for a great Christmas present!

CLICK HERE for the Fujifilm UK Support website page


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

In June 2015 Jeff Carter was named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador and you can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4