The New Expert Shield Glass Screen Protector


My camera equipment is very important to me as I earn money with it.  I have invested a lot of money into my gear and while pro gear has a tendancy to get thrown about and abused, I try my best to keep it in the best condition possible.  Not only will this allow me to capture the best images possible it will also increase the resale value when it comes time to upgrade.

One of the most vulnerable items on a modern digital camera is the rear screen and a couple of years ago I was asked to test out the Expert Shield screen protectors for my Nikon DSLRs and my Fujifilm X100.  I was so impressed by the quality and the price of these screen protectors for all my subsequent cameras.


When I purchased the Fujifilm X-T1 the first thing I ordered was a screen protector for the large 3 inch rear screen but for some reason the soft screen protectors failed to stay attached. Yes they would apply OK but after a few weeks of use one corner would get lifted up catching on a piece of clothing or equipment and it wasn't long before it became detached completely.  This is strange because I am still on the original screen protectors on the X100 and X-Pro1 and they look as good as new even after two years of use.

I tried three Expert Shield screen protectors but they all went the same way, so for the past 6 months the rear screen on the X-T1 has been unprotected.  Perhaps it has to do with the fact the screen on the X-T1 is articulated and sticks out proud on the back of the camera.  Whatever the reason it was a point of concern as a scratched screen is expensive too replace.



A solution presented itself this week with the new Expert Shield Glass screen protector.  At £13.95 including free postage it wasn't a hard decision to place an order and 48 hours later the jiffy bag dropped onto my door mat courtesy of Royal Mail.

With it's self adhesive silicone gel layer, this ultra thin solid piece of glass took 30 seconds to fit and is completely undetectable when in place.  Also as it is rigid it shouldn't start lifting like the soft screen protectors.

I am now a lot happier that the rear screen on the X-T1 is now protected once more.

CLICK HERE to go to the Expert Shield website and they do screen protectors for almost every camera on the market.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4