Minis Galore

Last Sunday was the fifth event on the 2012 Dunlop Mini Miglia and Mini Se7en Challenges calendar at Snetterton in Norfolk and once again the two race series provided some of the best racing to be seen on any circuit in the UK, or indeed the world.  I might be the Press Officer for the Mini 7 Racing Club but don't take my word for it, let the facts speak for themselves.   The second Mini Se7en race produced what is arguably the closest ever finish, with Darren Thomas taking his first victory by just 0.078 seconds ahead of reigning champion Paul Spark, who was in turn 0.052 ahead of Andrew Deviny - that's the top three drivers covered by 0.130 seconds after 8 laps, incredible.



The Mini Se7ens are Europe's longest running single make championship, with the first race taking place at Brands Hatch in 1966.  The Miglias were introduced in 1970 but just because of the classic Mini shape and use of the A Series engine, don't think these cars are anything but full blooded racing machines.  The cars themselves are turned out to professional standards and the Mini 7 Racing Club is very proud of its heritage and the fact it still attracts over 60 drivers each year.


I have been involved with the Mini 7 Racing Club since the late 1990s, following the races for Mini Magazine, and became the Press Officer in 2000 introducing the new look Pitlane Magazine and also Corgi models to the Club as a sponsor.  I went off to work on the European Formula Palmer Audi and then become the Press and PR Manager for Rockingham Motor Speedway before returning to the Club in 2006. However I have always had a passion for the Mini and especially for the racing variants.


I also run the website and while photography is provided by Oliver Read, I still keep my hand in when I can. I also use my Nikon D300s for videos of the races and for driver interviews.  The camera produces fantastic HD videos and these can be seen at http://www.mini7.co.uk/video.html. I use the D700 for stills and the D300s for video and this set up works perfectly to produce what I need for the website after the races.  Unfortunately with my FIA commitments I can't always be at the race track but I attend as many races as possible during the season. 






For more information visit www.mini7.co.uk with the next round at Thruxton on 18/19 August.


ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION.

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLICKR AND ON OUR WEBSITE

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4