Early Morning Walk

Earlier this week I decided to get up at 4:30am and go out to the Vale of Belvoir for the sunrise to get some shots of the Grantham Canal for a long term project I'm working on.  There is something magical about that time of the morning, even if the sun doesn't make an appearance due to the mist.  There is no one else about and everywhere is still; it is a fantastic feeling.  I walked for nearly three miles taking shots at various points along the stretch of the disused canal near the village of Harby.  

This morning in the Vale turned out to be a recce run as the light was very flat due to the mist.  I noted the likely spots for images on my OS map and I took some shots for the file.  I will return at a later date when the light is better, but that is the nature of landscape photography, it all depends on the quality of the light and there is very little a photographer can do but wait for the right conditions or return another day.

Grantham Canal near Harby in the Vale of Belvoir


ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION.

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON  FLICKR


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4