Aros Falls, Isle of Mull

The fourth part of our Islandscape photo tour, which was actually to the first stop of the day.  The weather was typically Scottish and Sam Jones had suggested starting at Aros Falls as there is a covered viewing platform near the car park, which is situated just off the main Salen to Tobermory road.




On arrival I decided not to go for the 'safe' option and went off for a bit of rock scrambling to try and get a lower view of these magnificent falls.  Because of the rain during the past week there was plenty of water coming off the mountains to feed the falls and I felt a low shot would provide a great image of the power of the water.


A mad scramble on the slippery rocks got me to the vantage point I had selected and sheltering under an umbrella provided by Sam I managed to keep the camera and lens dry - well mostly.  With camera firmly fixed to the tripod I was able to select a slow enough shutter speed to get movement in the water.


I then headed back up to the viewing platform to see what I could get from the high vantage point the platform provided.  Using a telephoto I was able to select large rocks at the base of the falls and with a slow shutter speed I was able to blur the surrounding water cascade to provide the effect I was looking for.



The Islandscape photo tour was a great day out and if you are visiting Mull I can highly recommend a day out with Sam.  She caters for photographers of every level and tailors the tour accordingly.  Visit the website at www.islandscapephotography.co.uk


ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION.

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON  FLICKR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4