New Photo Website is Launched

The brand new MacLean Photographic website home page
The new website for MacLean Photographic was unveiled at the weekend after several weeks of behind the scenes work.  Websites are difficult things to quantify but one thing is clear, in this day of instant communications your website is the shop window for your activity, whether it is business or pleasure.


I have been a professional photographer since leaving the military in 1996.  While the vast majority of my income now comes from MacLean Communications (ie the writing and organisation side of the business) being a competent photographer has enabled me to secure work over other highly experienced PR professionals.  It certainly doesn't hurt to have that extra string to the proverbial bow.


Websites are also a personal thing that reflect your business and brand values.  I had investigated the template website option that are available from some very good and reputable firms.  While they offer a quick, easy and very effective solution, I couldn't get the look I wanted from the template solution.  Then it dawned on me I already had a solution in my existing MacLean Communications website, which was launched in 2009. I used the existing site the template for the new MacLean Photographic site.  As adding several extra pages for galleries and other information, I linked the two sites directly, giving a seemless transition when moving between them.  The colour palate used was slightly different between the two sites, enabling visitors to quickly know they were on a different website but still under the MacLean Communications brand. A new MacLean Photographic logo was designed, using an image of a soaring White Tailed Sea Eagle I'd taken on Mull in August 2010, but kept the same font to tie the two areas of the business together. 

All in all I'm happy with the look of the two websites but, as with all things, I will modifying, tweak and evolve the sites as we move forward into 2011, with the first job to add an eShop to the photo site.

The MacLean Communications home page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4