Ignoring Opportunities on Your Doorstep

Why is it when we visit places it is usually away from your own local area?  I am as guilty as most when it comes to photographic locations; I'd much prefer to be up in the Highlands of Scotland.  Well I've decided that it is about time I started exploring the surrounding areas of Grantham where I live so I have set myself the weekly task of visiting somewhere within a 10-mile radius of Grantham and come back with at least one decent image.


The first place on my list was the Vale of Belvoir (well the area around Belvoir Castle) so with the sun shining I set off for a couple of hours to see what I could find.  First up was one of my favourite haunts from years ago, the hill above the village of Woolsthorpe by Belvoir looking across the valley to Belvoir Castle.



I then moved to the other side of the castle to Jubilee Walk where I came across a Monkey Puzzle tree and some very unusual sheep - white heads with black wool - which I later found out to be the Herdwick breed of sheep.


The next stop on this whistle stop tour was a group of trees near the village of Knipton that I knew would look fantastic as a black and white image.


As the clouds started to come over I headed back to the office, very pleased with my first efforts to document my local area. More updates in the coming weeks.


More images on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/macleancomms/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter