Dunlop Bridge at Le Mans


Today I was at Le Mans for meetings and I also had some time to go out and have a look at some of the preparations for next months 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Now I don't normally look at the circuit from the spectator areas, I am usually down behind the barriers shooting trackside, so I was pleasantly surprised by the view of the Dunlop Bridge through the pine trees growing on the bank.

I took the shot on the Fujifilm X-Pro2 and the 16-55mm f2.8 lens.  There was a bike trackday being conducted on the short Bugatti circuit, which gave me something to put in the image.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

In June 2015 Jeff Carter was named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador and you can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

  1. Great circuit, been a couple of times for the Le Mans Classic and might go again this year (not done the 24-hours though). Immensely frustrating for spectator photography due to so much high fencing (understandably of course) but there are some angles that work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary. Thank you for the comment. Le Mans is a fantastic circuit but, like all the big track around the world, it has debris fences that are there for safety reasons but are frustrating for photographers who don't have access to a trackside pass. On walking around the spectator areas at Tertre Rouge and Dunlop I was pleasantly surprised by the number of places you can shoot over the fence but I am still pleased that I have access to the trackside areas as well.

      This will be my 6th 24h and I will also be going to the Le Mans Classic in July for the first time. Enjoy the Le Mans Classic and hope you get to go to the 24h it is an amazing event, a must do for all Motorsport fans.

      Delete
  2. This year will be my 5th 24hr. Really looking forward to it as this will be the first year with my Fuji X-T1.

    I agree the fencing is a real problem for us spectators, but I have managed a handful of acceptable images when shot wide open and panning close to the fencing.

    Tertre Rouge has a clear view and so does the Porsche curves, as you are high up on the banking. I've also found that the Grandstands are free to enter after midnight (and empty), so you can try them all out for the best angle :)

    I've never done the Classic but would certainly like to attend one year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4