Before the Dawn


At this time of year getting up to catch a sunrise isn't as big a chore as it is in the summer thanks to the sun coming up over the horizon at a more reasonable 07:35.  This morning the promise of clear skies had me heading out to Seacliffe  because the combination of a reasonable sunrise time and a low tide gave me the opportunity to get some closer shots of the Firth of Forth Outer Marker, which is normally inaccessible due to the tide with Bass Rock in the background.

When I arrived at Seacliffe the horizon was just a purple glow so I decided to walk to the waters edge and set up the tripod to capture the scene out towards Bass Rock and Tantallon Castle.  I decided to get some movement in the surf by selecting a slow shutter speed of around 1/4 second. 

This meant setting up in the surf and I quickly discovered that my right boot isn't waterproof like the left one, but I ignored my wet sock and continued shooting with the surf lapping around my ankles.  Well we have to suffer for our art don't we?



I then headed over towards the Outer Marker and, as predicted, the way out onto the headland was clear of water, so I scrambled out and set up the tripod on the rocky outcrop to capture the scene before the tide turned.



This was another tick on my East Lothian Photography 'To Do' list and I will keep my eye on the weather and the tide for the next occurance of good weather and low tide for another opportunity to take this shot.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION


If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4