A Day at The Show

The Focus on Imaging Show is the biggest photography show in the UK and I have to admit that this year is the first time I have ever attended.



Held at the NEC in Birmingham, the four day show started yesterday (Sunday) and we chose today to attend having registered for our free tickets in January.


The New X100S
The obvious place to start was the Fujifilm stand as I wanted to see the new Fujifilm X100S and compare it to my X100 Black.  

On the outside the cameras look identical except for the 'S' emblazoned on the front of the body and the 'Q' button in place of the RAW button on the backplate.  Also on the cosmetic front, the X100S is only available in silver and I like my all black X100.  

The manual focus seems slightly better on the 'S' but not significantly and the AF also seemed slightly faster but, again, not significantly.   The 'S' was also slightly quicker on start up.

However these differences, coupled with the new 16MP X-TRANS sensor, aren't enough for me to upgrade and I will be sticking with my beautiful X100 for the foreseeable future.

Nikon and Sigma
I also visited the Nikon and Sigma stands to try out various lenses.  The pick of the bunch was the 85mm f1.4 on the Sigma stand and coupled with my Nikon D800 the results were superb.  I also shot with my existing Nikon 50mm f1.4 and the results from the Sigma stacked up very well.


Nikon D800 - Sigma 85mm f1.4 - 1/160 @ f1.4  - ISO400

Nikon D800 - Sigma 85mm f1.4 - 1/200 @ f1.4  - ISO400

Nikon D800 - Nikon 50mm f1.4 - 1/80 @ f2  - ISO400

We then looked at the rest of the show, taking in a few seminars, buying a few consumable items at some great show prices and generally had a good day out.

The Focus on Imaging show is a good show to visit for photographers of all levels and I'm sure I will be going back again next year.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLICKR AND ON OUR WEBSITE



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4