Choice of Ultra Wide Angle Lenses on the Fujifilm X Series

Samyang 8mm f2.8 Fisheye
At the moment I have a choice of two ultra wide angle lenses in my Fujifilm armoury.  The XF10-24mm f4 has been my wide angle of choice since I bought it in 2014 and this year I added the manual focus Samyang 8mm f2.8 fisheye which adds a further, almost 3D, dimension to my photography.

In the pitlane and on the grid both lenses come into their own and at the Circuit Paul Ricard during the European Le Mans Series event I was able to get shots on both lenses.


Samyang 8mm f2.8 Fisheye
Fujinon XF10-24mm f4
Fujinon XF10-24mm f4


Comments

  1. Brilliant as usual. For the Samyang 8mm fisheye, I've found that a photoshop plug-in filter by Image Trends Inc., the Fisheye Hemi filter, dramatically increases the keep rate of my shots by dialing back some of the more distracting distortion while preserving the unique attributes of the focal length. Highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4