What's in the Camera Bag Now?




So here we are again and well into 2016. With the recent launch of the Fujifilm X-Pro2 and XF100-400mm f4.5/5.6 I thought I would review what is in my camera bag before the overseas trips begin and to make sure it all fits.

Because I have added the X-Pro2 and 100-400mm I wanted to see if everything would fit into the Lowepro 350AW backpack that I use for travelling.  As you can see from the picture above, everything did go in and when I weighed the bag it came out at 11.1kg fully loaded.

The other point is this is the MAXIMUM amount of gear I can take, I can go lighter if I want, it just depends on the job in hand.  

I also do a lot of flying - 82 flights in 2015 - and it is important that I can fit everything into one piece of carry on luggage rather than taking hard cases and trusting expensive gear to the cargo hold.

So what is in the bag going into 2016?




2 x Fujifilm X-T1 bodies + one vertical battery grip
1 x Fujifilm X-Pro2

1x XF100-400mm f4.5/5.6
1 x XF50-140mm f2.8
1 x XF16-55mm f2.8
1 x XF10-24mm f4
1 x XF90mm f2
1 x XF56mm f1.2
1 x XF35mm f1.4
1 x XF18mm f2
1 x 1.4x converter for the 50-140mm and 100-400mm telephoto zooms.

1 x Nissin i40 flash
1 x EF-X8 flash
1 x 16mm extension tube
1 x 10mm extension tube

1 x Peak Design 'Slide' camera strap
2 x Peak Design 'Leash' camera straps

1 x ME1 Nikon Microphone

3 x Lee 100mm  ND Soft Grad Filters (0.3, 0.6, 0.9)
1 x Lee 100mm ND Filter 10x 'Big Stopper'
1 x Lee 100mm filter holder + adapter rings

8 x Batteries for X-T1 / X-Pro2
1 x battery charger + power cable.

2 x UHC II SD Memory cards (32GB)
4 x UHC II SD Memory cards (16GB)
2 x UHC I SD Memory cards (16GB)
1 x UHC I SD Memory Card (32GB)
1 x UHC I SD Memory Card (8GB)

1 x Lens brush + cleaning kit
1 x mechanical remote release for X-Pro2
1 x electronic remote release for X-T1 / X-Pro2

The only thing that is missing from the image is the Fujifilm X100.  No, this camera hasn't been sold but this is now carried in my laptop case instead of in the camera bag because there is no longer an room.  But that's the beauty of the X100, it can fit anywhere!

CLICK HERE to see what was in the camera bag in October


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

In June 2015 Jeff Carter was named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador and you can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'


Comments

  1. Be careful !
    One battery charger can be tricky as they can and sometimes will fail. Once the only battery charger I had with me for a camera produced some smoke to inform me that it was gone. It took me some days and had to change my planning to have a replacement send to me as I was on the Faroe Islands. Those islands are rather remote and air traffic is often delayed because of sea fog and gales.
    So my advise is to rely on two chargers, maybe one in the checked luggage.

    Eric W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric. Good advice and TBH I carry three. One in the camera bag, one in the lap top case and one in my checked luggage. Great minds think alike :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4