Keeping it simple

Sometimes less is more in photography.  On our recent trip the weather was typically Scottish and kept me on my toes to come up with a photograph despite the inclement weather that we were experiencing.  On one of the shoots I decided to keep it simple and photograph a single tree or rock in mono and see what I got.  The results were rather pleasing with a single tree on Loch Na Keal and a rock in Salen Bay providing the focal point. 

Lone tree at Loch Na Keal

Rocks in Salen Bay
On New Years Day I tried this technique again when we visited the windswept beach at Calgary Bay.  The sun was breaking through the clouds and part of the beach was lit by the weak sunshine.  Focusing on a piece of seaweed on the edge of the surf I capture this very moody image of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.  A far cry from the blue skies and white sand images I usually take here. 

Calgary Bay on New Years Day


ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION.

MORE IMAGES CAN BE VIEWED ON  FLICKR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4