Peak Design Straps

Peak Design straps - 'Slide' (top) - 'Slide Lite' (middle) - 'Leash' (bottom)
I've been using a variety of Peak Design camera straps for nearly two years now and I have to be honest in saying I wouldn't use any other strap on my cameras.  

I recently added the Peak Design Slide Lite for my X-Pro2.  This is a slightly thinner version of the 'Slide' and I feel it is better suited to the Fujifilm X-Series cameras than the larger item.  I do use both on the X-T1 and X-Pro2 and are very secure in operation.  I use them across my body so the camera hangs down by my side and can be lifted into the shoot position very easily.

I also have two 'leash' straps and one 'cuff' wrist strap so I am very well covered for the four cameras that I currently have in my camera bag.

The beauty of the Peak Design system is they are comfortable in use, easy to adjust and can be removed or anchored on different points on the camera body or telephoto lens with one hand using the unique anchoring system.  The anchors have been upgraded to make them more resistant to wear after a couple of failures a few years back, but I have never had an issue with the durability of the Peak Design anchors or straps.

For more information on Peak Design CLICK HERE. This is a US site but Peak Design is available to buy through UK stockists such as WEX Photographic HERE

Peak Design anchors
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BLOG BY VISITING THE ADVERTISERS ON THIS PAGE
By clicking on the adverts you are helping support this blog - thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL IMAGES ARE THE PROPERTY OF MACLEAN PHOTOGRAPHIC AND CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

MacLean Photographic run Tours and Workshops in East Lothian and the Borders of Scotland.  CLICK HERE for more details and availability

In June 2015 Jeff Carter was named as a Fujifilm brand ambassador and you can view his profile and gallery on the Fujifilm website HERE

If you like what you see on this blog please visit our Facebook page and click 'like'

Comments

  1. Thank you for the post Jeff.

    The lugs on the X-Pro2 are real narrow. How are you attaching the Peak Design anchors ?!

    Cheers

    Moretta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moretta, I was able to thread the anchors through the holes on the X-Pro2 lugs but I noticed there was some damage to the anchors. So I reverted to using the anchors attached to the loops that come with the camera (as in the picture of the X-T1 above).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: The New Fujinon 2x Converter

REVIEW: Using Nikon Lenses on a Fuji X Camera

Rode Wireless Go for the Fujifilm X-T4